The Perfect Iced Tea Recipe for Summer (Add Booze for Fun)
This quick iced tea recipe will work with either your bog standard tea bags or loose leaf tea, obviously we recommend using loose leaf tea for a better flavour.
What You’ll Need
- Tea bags/loose leaf tea – 1 tea bag or 1 tea spoon of loose leaf tea per 200ml of water (less water makes a stronger brew)
- A lot of ice
- Sliced lemon and fresh mint leaves (perfect with Earl Grey)
- Honey (as a sweetener)
- Alcohol (make iced tea cocktails!)
Slow Brew Instructions
Put your tea bags or loose tea into your pitcher, pour in room temperature or cold water. Cover the pitcher and refrigerate.
This method will give you a smooth, refreshing flavour, as the tannin and bitter flavors of the tea are not released. This is because you’re steeping in cold water and not hot water.
- White or Green tea – 6 to 8 hours
- Black or Oolong tea – 8 to 12 hours
Quick Brew Instructions
Put your tea bags or loose tea into your pitcher, pour in hot water. Steep for 5 minutes and add 3-4 tablespoons honey (depending on taste preference). Melt the honey in some warm water before stirring it in. It will be much easier to mix in this way.
Remove the tea bags or strain the loose-leaf tea out of the pitcher by pouring the tea through a fine mesh sieve.
Add ice to pitcher until cold, then pour over ice in cups when serving.
Now add any optional extras. The iced tea will keep if refrigerated, for 3 to 5 days.